RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR ACTON CONSERVATION LAND
Please refer to full version for clarification
RULES FOR LAND UNDER THE JURISDICTION OF THE CONSERVATION COMMISSION:
Visitors may NOT:
- Use motor vehicles or tools
- Hunt or trap
- Carry or drink alcohol
- Use fire
- Construct any blinds, tree stands or hunting structures
- Cut, break, remove, move, deface, defile, take or ill-use any fence or sign
- Cut or deface any trees, bushes, plants or flowers
- Construct any bridge or structure of any kind
- Engage in business, sell, offer goods, wares or brochures
- Construct a trail or dam
- Possess firearms or archery equipment
- Litter or dispose trash or debris, either natural or man-made
- Conduct league games
- Visit lands from one hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset
- Follow Acton Animal Control Bylaw E24 and keep dogs “…under the complete and effective control…by means of a leash or otherwise.”
Abandoned Private Property:
- Left unattended for three days will be presumed to be abandoned and may be disposed of.
- May be enforced by the Police Chief, Police Officer, Conservation Administrator, or other agent allowed by law.
- Shall be subject to a fine of $100.00 per violation. Each day of a continuing violation will be deemed to be a separate violation.
APPROVED BY THE ACTON CONSERVATION COMMISSION 2015